Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend come and gone.

Well another holiday weekend has come and gone. I was able to get some of the things on my to-do list done – like replacing Mom’s door, getting my daughters’ charm bracelet (her graduation gift), and I finished my first quilt top!! I started another blog for the sewing projects - http://sewit.wordpress.com/. As soon as I can I’ll post a photo, I still need to actually put the batting in, the backing and then bind it all together, I need to take two other additional classes for that. Hope to have it all completed by end of summer along with some other sewing projects. You can check it all out there.
I was hoping to get my garden going this weekend but just didn’t happen. Probably won’t get to that till mid-June and it may be too late for some veggies, but since we are in Texas I think they’ll probably still do good since our summer usually drags on until at least October.
Next week is my youngest daughter’s graduation. She opted to have a charm bracelet instead of the usual class ring. She will get more use out of it. How many people actually wear their class ring past their senior year anyway? I added three charms – 2009, Virgin de Guadalupe and a longhorn (her high school mascot). Her big sis pitched in for a fourth charm – a peace sign – cause the little one is a wanna be hippie. Due to all our family drama we probably will end up not doing anything. Why does everything have to be so complicated? I’d like to do a brunch but we don’t even have a table and chairs for people to sit in and if we take everybody out, well that can get very pricey. So it may just be the five (or four if my son is still ticked) that go out to lunch that day or the next. I can’t wait till I have my empty nest and they are all living out their own family lives. Till then I just take it one day at a time.

No comments: