Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Old Craft Store

As I learn and grow in my quilting skills and knowledge I’m amazed by how many shops are out there specializing in quilts. I guess until you become involved in something you don’t really “see” some things you know? On my travels I’m going to make sure I find and visit at least one quilt store in the area whether to compare shops, fabric or local customs it should be fun.
Inspiration and creativity come together in this little quilt shop located in the square of the historic Old Downtown area of Carrollton, Texas.
They offer a large variety of 100% cotton fabrics and quilting notions. You can also find an array of classes for the beginner to the most experienced quilter. There are even classes to help you improve your techniques in other areas such as making pants that fit, making patterns that fit and photo quilts among many others.
Wanting to join a quilting club? They have those too – including a book club featuring books with storylines on quilting of course! I recently joined what they call Moda U. One Saturday a month, members get together to see the newest fabrics from Moda, play Quilt-O (Bingo) to win a free pattern, see the latest kits, share tips and show finished Quilts – whether it’s your own or a family heirloom. It was quite fun and I’m looking forward to next month’s meeting.
There is also have a post office located inside the store for fast and easy shipment of purchases to anywhere in the U.S.A.
Whether looking to learn a new skill, ideas for new projects or an opportunity to make new friends – this little shop is a gem. If you are ever in the Dallas, Texas area you’ll want to stop by and peruse the place just off Interstate 35, take Beltline exit.

No comments: