Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

New twist on enchiladas...

The enchiladas I have made and eaten all my life here in Texas has always been the kind with loads of cheese, sometimes some chicken thrown in there or some chili. The other day I came across this recipe from Lesley on The M’ija Chronicles. Lesley had made hers with some local Mexican greens, spinach and a homemade tomato based enchilada sauce. They looked so good I had to try.


Now she suggested using Kale to substitute for the greens she used, but I used strictly spinach and as I’m not a big fan of Kale or Collard Greens. These came out fabulous and made for a healthy dinner. Not everything has to be smothered in cheese (although I do love cheese). Check out her full recipe through the link above. A slight warning, you will use a lot of pots and it’s not a quick 30 minutes to the table meal. That’s the thing with real Mexican cooking – it can take all afternoon and sometimes all day for a great tasting meal. These were worth it though….


No comments: